A car accident is never a pleasant thing. When you are not at fault and are injured as a result of the accident, a stressful time may become overwhelming very quickly. When this is the case, finding a good car accident lawyer is essential. Here is what you should look for before hiring one.Do you want to learn more? Visit Williams & Williams Law Firm, LLC
– Experience-Look for a car accident lawyer who has plenty of experience in this area. He or she will have knowledge of areas that may be overlooked by others who don’t handle accident cases on a regular basis. One in your local area will have the best understanding of laws that may help you.
– Initial consultation-Look for a lawyer who will not charge to meet with you initially. A face-to-face meeting will allow you to get a feel for whether or not you can work well together. When medical bills are piling up, you cannot afford to pay a number of attorneys before finding one you are comfortable with.
– References-Look for testimonials on the lawyer’s website. Although you will want to dig further than this, it is a good place to start. When you meet with the car accident lawyer, ask for references also. He should be more than willing to provide you with names of those who have used his services in the past.
– Fees-Find out what charges you will incur by pursing your case. Most lawyers in this field work on a contingency basis. This means that you will not pay them up front. They will receive a portion of your settlement as payment. Be sure to ask how payment is made and, if on a contingency basis, how much their portion will be.
– Associations-Ask if you car accident lawyer is a member of the American Association of Justice or your state’s Trial Lawyers Association. Those who join an association of this type are more likely to be committed to justice that is both fair and effective.
A good car accident lawyer can make your life much easier during the lawsuit. On the other hand, a bad lawyer can make a difficult position impossible. By taking the above factors into consideration, you can increase your chances of getting a good lawyer and having your case resolved successfully.